About Tea Tree Essential OIl
Tea tree is one of the most useful essential oils available, as it treats a wide range of ailments with swift efficiency. Also referred to as melaleuca, this essential oil is useful in formulating household cleansers, cleaning wounds, and eliminating fungal infections.
Scared to go out and enjoy the breeze for getting frizzy hair? Let go and embrace nature with tea tree essential oil. Tea Tree oil can give you relief from dandruff, thinning hair, itchy scalp etc.
DIY:-One of the best use is as a massage oil on your scalp.
- Simply add a few drops to a carrier oil like almond, olive or coconut oil in its liquid form and massage it into your scalp.
- Then wrap your hair up in a towel and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes to soak up the full benefits of the oils before rinsing it out.
- Start out by applying the treatment 2-3 times per week, and after experiencing desired results, continue it on a weekly basis.
- Use in the bath or shower for absorption and aromatherapy benefits.
- Diffuse it for aromatherapy benefits.
Massage the diluted oil or use with compress in case of muscle pain, stiffness and apply neat on fungal infections and wounds.
As a pre-shower solution to target skin conditions such as spots on the scalp;
- Add five to seven drops of tea tree oil into one cup of water
- Transfer this mixture into an empty spray bottle
- Spray the diluted mixture over the scalp at least 20 minutes before showering, targeting any problem areas
- Wash out thoroughly when you shampoo
- Repeat on a regular basis to see an improvement in your condition
- Do not use tea tree essential oil internally. It can be a dermal irritant for sensitive individuals. Conduct a patch test before use. May cause skin irritation. Not safe for internal use.
- Remember that tea tree oil should never be applied directly onto the skin as it is very potent.