MEDITATION X AROMATHERAPIE
As life becomes more hectic today, there is more need for meditation. Meditation helps us calm our mind, refocus our energy, and promote overall health. However, the stresses and distractions around make it difficult to even start a meditation routine. This is where aromatherapy comes in.
One can use essential oils such as lavender, chamomile and frankincense, to name a few, when using aromatherapy with meditation. These oils are great for enhancing your meditation experience and giving you clarity and peace of mind.
The two ways of using aromatherapy with meditation are:
- Diffuse the oil into the air - You can do this by using an essential oil diffuser, an aroma mystifier, or an aroma candle to promote aromatherapy inhalation. This activity can help stimulate the senses and promote relaxation.
- Applying essential oils topically - You can apply directly on the skin, diluted with a carrier oil such as sweet almond or jojoba oil. Apply on your palms for self-directed inhalation and your pulse points so that they can reach the targeted areas.
- Holistic wellbeing
- Reducing pain and inflammation
- Relieving stress
- Clear your nasal passages
- Clearing away negative energies
Frankincense is a great oil for incorporation into meditation for mind, body, and spirit.
2. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender has anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties. With all these properties, it is a natural relaxant. Lavender is useful for meditation because it has calming properties that put your mind in the right frame for clarity and enlightenment during meditation. What benefits does lavender have when used with meditation?
- It calms the mind and body
- It stabilizes the body
- It balances the body
- It focuses the mind to achieve enlightenment from meditation
Other essential oils are:
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
It is impossible to meditate with blocked and inflamed airways since meditation requires focusing and controlling your breathing. Eucalyptus can help clear the airways and release chest tightness thus you can breathe deeply and steadily during meditation.
Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage is an essential oil that has been in use for thousands of years to clear negative energies. During meditation, clary sage clears all negative energies that can distract the mind from focusing. In addition, clary sage is an antidepressant that lifts your mood. Clary sage is important for a positive meditative experience.
Essential oils can be very useful in creating a positive ambiance for a good meditation experience. They soothe the body and can help work towards enlightenment when used with meditation.