3 Most Powerful and Beneficial Essential Oils
The tiny bottles of highly concentrated aroma oils are nothing but a package of goodness. When we say ‘Every drop is Essential’ we mean every word of it. There are thousands of essential oils and every oil has it’s own benefits. Today we’ll talk about those three essential oils that we feel are the most powerful and effective.
Tea Tree Oil
Extracted from the leaves of the native Australian plant, Melaleuca Alternifolia, Tea Tree Essential Oil is your quick fix for a wide range of ailments.
- They are effective in healing wounds and keep them bacteria free and avoid infections.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties, tea tree oil relieves skin conditions like Eczema and Psoriasis
- When your deodorants fail in scorching heat a few drops of tea tree oil prove to be a perfect alternative due to its antibacterial properties.
- For years it has been used as a natural insecticide, bug repellent and bite reliever.
- Blend it with a carrier oil and apply as an aftershave to ease razor burns, prevent blemishes, nicks or cuts on the skin.
Citronella essential oil is obtained from the Cymbopogon genus plant family. One of the most commonly used oils in aromatherapy citronella has many benefits.
- Act as an insect repellent and also, helps in getting rid of mosquitoes. It is found in many registered pesticides be it spray, lotion or candles. It is also added to sunscreens, wristbands and flea collars.
- Due to its antifungal properties, it is also used to heal insect bites.
- It helps in preventing cold, fever and headaches. Also, used as a massage oil, it helps in relieving arthritis pain and menstrual cramps, and muscle spasms.
- Methyl Isoeugenol is the compound that makes citronella an antibacterial and antiseptic. It is effective in treating wounds and fight infections occurring in the colon, urethra, bladder, gastrointestinal tract and kidneys.
The lavender essential oil is extracted from the flowers of the lavender plant, Lavandula angustifolia. This is the first oil that is suggested to the newbies to the sphere of aromatherapy.
- It’s been used in making potpourri for ages due to it’s calming fragrance.
- To the slaves of insomnia, anxiety and depression Lavender Essential oils a blessing. A few drops of its diluted form applied around the neck or inhaled can be very helpful.
- It stops itching and burns caused due to insect/mosquito bites or bee sting. Also, helps in reducing swelling.
- Lavender oil is also used as a flavour enhancer in brownies, chocolate icing, cookies, desserts or even salad dressings.
The benefits of Tea tree, Citronella and Lavender are immense. You may opt for the one that best meets your requirements or buy all three, in case you are confused. Trust us, you won’t regret!