Limes are transcendental. We can transport our minds beyond the ordinary just from the aroma. That is because our sense of smell, or aromatherapy, triggers our memory more than any other sense. Lime essential oil is a very concentrated form of the essence of lime (aromatic compounds).
Think of a good childhood memory and food is undoubtedly integral to the memory; it gives the memory more context. The food memory is rooted and stored deeply in your mind due to the smell or aroma.
- The health benefits of Lime essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an antiseptic, antiviral, astringent, aperitif, bactericidal, febrifuge, hemostatic, restorative, and a tonic substance.
- The beneficial compound for inflammation in lime oil is citral. This is part of why lime essential oil also helps reduce allergy symptoms: it reduces inflammatory eosinophils and mast cell granulation.
- it has powerful purifying properties for the inside and out. When used around the home, it can help protect us from seasonal threats.
- When diluted properly and used in a wash or a rinse, it can help cleanse damaged skin and lessen the effects of many skin aggravations.
How to Use:-
- You can reap the immune-boosting benefits of Lime Essential Oil with a diffuser.
- Adding a few drops to massage oil is a great way to use lime oil to help support the immune system.
- Lime has a tightening effect, making it perfect to use to help rejuvenate your skin. Use it topically with a skin-friendly carrier oil to enjoy the benefits.
Just like Lemon, Lime Essential Oil is potent and it’s important to remember that a little goes a long way. Remember, always dilute the Lime Oil and avoid contact with inner ears and eyes.
With its abilities to boost your health and brighten your day, Lime will quickly become a part of your daily essential oil routine.