The evergreen juniper tree has smooth and slender twigs with needle-like leaves.The essential oil is obtained through steam distillation of the wood, berries, and leaves of the Juniper tree. It has been used for its various beneficial and medicinal properties for thousands of years. In fact, it is also mentioned in the Bible.
- It is widely to treat a variety of skin ailments including eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
- It is also beneficial for individuals with oily skin as it helps in unclogging skin pores.
- It also contains a variety of useful nutrients that help in strengthening the collagen fibers which means it can be used as an anti-aging agent to provide relief from fine lines and wrinkles.
- This essential oil may be added to body oils and butter in order to prevent skin sagging.
- Due to its analgesic properties, it can be used for providing relief from sprains and other muscle issues.
- As an amazing toner, athletes can use it for toning the body muscles to maintain a steady blood flow that helps in burning excess calories and in lowering the cholesterol levels in the body.
- It can be used for easing toothaches, strengthening gums and preventing teeth from falling out or loosening.
- Juniper essential oil has sudorific properties which means it helps in increasing sweating in the body. Hence, use of juniper essential oil makes your body feel lighter, makes your skin hydrated and enhance the blood circulation.
- It also enhances the activity of neurons in your brain. Needless to say, healthy neuron activity in your brain is essential to prevent a variety of mental disorders as well as memory loss issues.
DIY for Weight Loss:-
Many people are surprised when they discover that the juniper essential oil can also be used for the purposes of weight loss.
It works as an appetite suppressor. Many people gain weight not because they eat unhealthily but they don’t know when to stop eating the foods they crave.So, whenever you are craving unhealthy food, just rub a few drops of this essential oil on your chest or use in a diffuser and your craving for food should subside.